We didn't have as many "planned adventures" in May, but we did have one or two, and several other things worth noting.
First, we went to the Gem show up in Ogden. they do it every year and Peter has been going with his grandparents since he was 2, I think, and I went last year with him and Andrea came this year. It's really cool! I mean, it's not like disneyland or something, but there are tons of cool rocks and fossils, and there are little activities for the kids, and theres a guy who has these dinosaur puppets and he goes around chomping kids heads with the T-rex. They love it!
This is a cool display where you see the rocks in the light, then push a button and see them under a black light. Peter was excited to see that there was a ruby in there. (That's his birth stone.)
Afterward we played at Mom and Dad Perkins' house. I schooled these kids in hide and seek. Sprained my ankle doing it though ;).
They just did this cool thing to their backyard. It started as a project to just help the hill to stop eroding and get some better steps down to the creek, and it grew from there. It's beautiful.
The boys are almost always up before Andrea and I on the weekends, and I was delighted to find them playing together one morning.
Max cozy-ed up to Kaden one day. As you can see, it was probably for the chips. Max LOVES chips. That's all he ever wants to eat. He's always asking for chips "noo-noes" (noodles), or "pees-Ket-eee" (piece of candy.)
My parents have pictures of me sleeping like this with my butt up.
Speaking of butts, I unintentionally captured Caleb's in this picture. He came over a few weekends ago and helped us lay a laminate floor! My Mom helped too and it turned out beautifully. We really love it.
One day Max woke up from a nap and was sad and cranky. He was whining for Andrea to hold him but she was busy in the kitchen, and then Peter said "I'm big enough, I can hold him."
. . . WE MELTED.
I don't think there's been a sweeter moment between the two of them! Max turned around whimpering with his hands out and reaching for Peter. I helped them over to the couch and they sat for a minute. What sweet boys!
Peter saw a buzz lightyear at his friends house and he HAD to have one. He told me late one Saturday night and I said "Talk to me tomorrow and we'll count your money and see if you have enough." Sure enough he approached me that day after church and said "How are we going to get my Buzz?" We found the one he wanted and counted his money. He was $5 short. I said that if he did special chores around the house that he could earn 50 cents per chore and earn his buzz. The next day he was up before Andrea and I and he came into the room and said "Mom, I'm ready to work for my Buzz!" So this week he has vacuumed, weeded, cleaned toilets, and scrubbed baseboards to earn his toy, and yesterday, he finished! We're so proud of him and I hope that the experience has helped to teach him that he can do anything he wants if he's willing to work.
Everyday I walk through temple square and see these stunning tulips. They are amazing. I can't believe that I work in such a beautiful place.
Max got a haircut this month. The first real cut. I was worried that there wasn't a "look" that would ever suit him like those curls, but this one does! He's cuter than ever and I'm so happy for him not having to deal with that long hair.
Andrea broke her pinky toe one night.
She was very sad, and I unfortunately didn't offer the sympathy she was looking for. Caleb seemed to break his toes all the time so it wasn't anything new to me and I didn't react properly.
I did make her a nice cane though :)
Here's Peter vacuuming.
We've been buying ice cream cones from the store lately. We all love them! There's nothing like an ice cream cone on the back porch on a warm evening.
Max and Peter trying to get warm one morning.
Peter, the time it snowed last month. He was excited to wear his new jacket and boots.
For preschool Peter got to take home froggy and he was supposed to draw a picture of what they did together. Froggy is a stuffed animal by the way. So Andrea asked if I would help him draw a picture. It was fun! I would ask him what they did, then I would kind of draw on my paper to give him an idea of how to do it, but I let him have full creative freedom.
This is the end product. Froggy and Peter eating chips and playing outside. I want my kids to enjoy drawing. I love it so much, I hope they do too.
And heres Max sleeping with his Rex. Since he got Rex in the beginning of April he has continued to sleep with him every day and he drags him around the house saying "Mah-Wex. Mah-Wex."
Some other things he does:
Every night after Peter goes to sleep and Max fakes Andrea out and doesn't go to sleep, he comes downstairs and says "Dad, Wes wats tee-bee. Wats tee-bee Dad. Wats tee-bee." (he wants to watch TV.
If he likes something, a song or a game he said "Gen! Gen da-won! Gen da-won" (again, that one!)
If I get in bed before Andrea, Max climbs in and lays next to me, inches away from my face, and he says "Sy-dow, Sy-dow" which means he wants me to sing "itsy bitsy spider" to him. He usually joins in and laughs and laughs. Sometimes we switch to "doggy" which is a different song that Andrea sings sometimes. He's always sad when Andrea comes in and kicks him out of bed :)






















I love the floor! Cant wait to see it. When max was here the other day he kept asking to watch t.v. we never did though :(
ReplyDelete