Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter

This weekend has been pretty busy, but with Grandma Wrights help we were able to have a great Easter Egg Hunt for the kids!

Friday night we dyed eggs. I LOVE dying eggs. I love carving pumpkins, gingerbread houses . . . I just love any seasonal activity or craft and I get as excited as I did when I was little to do it. I don't understand how anyone ever grows out of liking it. 

Peter was old enough to be fairly interested this year as well. I hope he thought it was fun. He helped me make the dye and color some of the eggs with crayons prior to their color bath. I read somewhere this year to color the eggs while they're still warm with crayons and it worked really well! Here are some of our creations:



The next morning the kids went on the hunt. Grandma Wright added . . . like an extra 100 candy filled eggs to the hunt!


 


Tim, Amanda, and Shepherd joined us for the hunt too, which was fun! Shep is such a lively little boy! Whenever I've been around him he's just excited and ready to play hard :)


No comments:

Post a Comment