Sunday, February 9, 2014

February begins.


Andrea, her sisters, and her mother, all have periodic "girl" times where they just need to go shop and have fun together. This occasion was Samantha's 21st B-Day. Her husband was working that evening so she wanted to have some fun with the girls and they decided to go eat at Macaroni Grill where Ronny works. Andrea had a wonderful time! I did as well for that matter. I watched Peter, Max, and Silas and it was really fun. 


Andrea and some of the other Mom's in the area have a preschool that they do once a week. Andrea was in charge one morning and she was supposed to prepare a lesson on the savannah I think. When we went to bed the night before she hadn't planned anything so I was wondering what she would come up with, and then I found out that she did this awesome shadow puppet play! Way to go Andrea!


Max is in the "get into everything" stage and it is so fun! I just love watching little babies so intently busy . . . I just imagine what they could be thinking: "This place is pristine! Mom and Dad are going to get so bored unless I get to work . . . better pull out the pans . . . nonono, gotta get the shoes now, that's right. Yes, now they're busy! What would they do without me!"



We were sooo excited to go to Smokin' Bones for Caleb's birthday on Saturday. Once again, if you haven't tried it, go. Try it. I have never even cared about BBQ in my life, but now I literally think about Smokin' Bones everyday! Peter had a BBQ pizza, Andrea had a Navajo Taco, and I had a three meat meal with chicken, a hot link, and the best ribs on earth. YUUUM! It's always fun to talk with Kile too (the owner who we grew up with). He's always happy to see everyone and it's fun to hear about what may be coming up next for Smokin' Bones! We're all so proud of him.



Can't believe he's 29! 


Between the finger puppets that we made for Christmas and the felt board set that my Mom got for Andrea, we've been having some fun family home evening lessons! It's so fun to give Peter a few Puppets/Pictures and act out the story together. It's pretty easy for Andrea and I to lead the plot along with the main points while we improv and play off of each other as we go. Peter always wants to do it again and I'm so impressed with Andrea for taking the initiative to get the Bible education going. 


Max continues to entertain us at meal times. He insists on feeding himself and it's so adorable, especially when he's sucking down spaghetti noodles. 


Peter and Max get along pretty well. There's some bossiness from Peter, and yelling when Max scratches him or pulls his hair, but other than that, they get along great. I love the moments when Peter wants to hold him or play with him back in his room. 


Andrea and Peter visit the library pretty regularly. This is a foam block tower they built together. 


Max in his nice warm suit that Heidi and Devin are letting us borrow for the winter. 


Playing with cousin Silas .


Another buddy-buddy shot of the boys. 


It may not be immediately apparent, but this is Peter helping me to change Max's diaper. 

Another thing that happened in the past few weeks is Andrea volunteered us to teach dance lessons in our stake on the first Friday of every month. I found out on Thursday afternoon. I was not happy about that, but it turned out pretty well. Darn girl, making me do stuff I don't want to do . . . I love her! She keeps it real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment