My birthday was so much fun this year! I was showered with love and fun surprises. We had the traditional family dinner with my fam and Luke's parents on the Sunday preceding my birthday. My mom made some delicious enchiladas and the most beautiful spring birthday cake I've ever seen! I will have to post pictures once I can get a hold of them. After dinner we all gathered in our family room and everyone went around saying something they appreciate about me. This, too, is a family tradition, and let me tell you it is just so nice! It's so nice to hear all your siblings and everyone tell you how much they love you, at least once a year. It turned out to be a great day.
On my actual birthday that Wednesday I woke up to surprise Toaster Strudels for breakfast! They are one of my favorite breakfast foods! (That should really be dessert, considering the sugary fruit-flavored filling and icing on top!) I ate three of them immediately, and consequently felt rather sick. Then, rather than give my body a break, I ate the FastBreak mom and dad Perkins had given me for my birthday (my favorite candy bar) and several oatmeal cookies that night. My body was seriously displeased, as it had every right to be, and I swore not to eat sweets again for awhile. I didn't last. Sweets are too yummy! But I have been good about just having a little bit on the days I do have it, so I feel pretty decent about that.
The following Saturday Luke took me on a surprise date. We went out for lunch at a little place near our house called "Flour Girls and Dough Boys." They make soup, sandwiches, meat pies, and desserts all from scratch, and it was soooo good! We tried a tomato basil soup that was divine, as well as a chicken and guacamole panini and a fresh green salad. We topped it off with a mint brownie (the kind with a layer of mint ganache on top, and a chocolate topping over that). It was very rich, but very good! Luckily we were just sharing one, since they are huge! I certainly couldn't have eaten it all on my own, and Luke had to finish it off for me as it was.
After that we went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3-D! Now, I have never in my life seen a movie in 3-D, and I was slightly worried that it would freak me out if anything came flying at me out of the screen, but it ended up being so cool, and not the least bit invasive. :) Also, my opinion on the movie itself: SO MUCH FUN!!!! I was completely expecting it to be somewhat weird/creepy, considering how the posters make it look and the fact that Tim Burton is the director, but it wasn't! It turned out so cool! Luke and I want to own it for sure. I would suggest everyone go see it! There is a somewhat scary creature in it (the Jabberwocky), so maybe little tiny kids would not like that part, but other than that it was so fun and fanciful, and just great!
After that we went to Barnes and Noble to look around, and I found a book called Raising Boys that I decided to buy after sampling a chapter or two in the store.
Thus my birthday was one of endless bliss and happiness (aside from the sugar damage mid-week). :)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a wonderful birthday! I love the tradition your family has of saying something nice to the birthday girl! We should do that!
ReplyDeleteHooray for updates! It sounds like you had a lovely birthday Andrea dear; that is happy news indeed. I'm amazed at all these cool books you and Luke are reading. You two are going to be pros by the time this baby is born :)
ReplyDelete