This picture is his hand. If you can't tell he's saying "Please, please, hold the applause. I know I'm amazing already, thank you."

Here you can see him curled up inside Mommy from above. The two long horizontal shapes are his legs, the halfway cut off part on the right is his head/chestish area, and I believe that the diagonal swoosh is part of an arm.
This picture is his profile.
This one is a confirmation of his boy-ness.
This last one is his tiny foot!!! Isn't he just adorable! This is so much fun for me! I love it!
It was funny when we were there with the Sonographer, Philip, because he said "it's a boy!" and Andrea said "How can you tell?" and Philip whispered to her "He has a penis!" I'll never let her forget that. It was such an amazing thing to see him there all developed and looking just like he should and he was even kicking and moving around! SO MUCH FUN!!!
The following is our beautiful baby boy from the outside at 19 weeks:
Isn't Andrea GORGEOUS? Like I said, the kid doesn't have a chance. With genes from a gal like her and a guy like me, he's destined to be a heartbreaker.
After we did the sonogram thing all I had on my mind the whole rest of the day was babies! I just can't wait for him to be here! When we got home that evening we went to the library and picked out a baby name book and "The Happiest Baby on the Block" DVD that I, yes I, had on reserve and we spent the remainder of the evening going through EVERY boy name in the book (about 30,000). It's going to take a lot more work than that though. The book had some pretty stupid names, it even suggested "Primerica" as a name. Girl names are easy for us. They just have to sound nice, pretty, and somewhat classic. Boy names are TOUGH! You can't just name him anything. The name's gotta be strong and steadfast, and worthy of a man like he's going to become, you know? So we'll be working on that for a while.
We also found a little break that night to watch the "Happiest Baby . . ." DVD. It teaches you how to calm your baby when it's crying and upset. It was awesome! I hope that stuff really works. In fact, I was so excited about the techniques that I had to try them on Andrea to see if they would make her "The Happiest Wife on the Block." So I swaddled her:
She claimed she hated being so confined, not being able to move and all that, but as you can see from the picture, she's clearly loving it!
This is Luke, signing off.



Ha! That's awesome! I am sad that the penultimate line of this post was partially unreadable to me, because the whole post was pure gold.
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to see how excited you both are! I can't believe Andrea asked how the sonographer knew it was a boy! That is something she won't ever live down! We are all so happy for you, and excited to meet the new little nephew/cousin!
ReplyDelete