Sunday, March 14, 2010
Homemade Butter!
I saw instructions on someone's blog on how to make homemade butter, and had to try it myself. It seemed deceptively easy, but when I tried it, it turned out to be just as simple as it seemed! It was too much fun! All I did was pour almost a quart of heavy cream into my bosch blender (a kitchen aid, food processor, and etc. would work just as well), turned it on, and about 7-10 minutes later it was butter! And buttermilk, too! After rinsing it of as much buttermilk as I could in cold water, we took a picture.
Wonderful, isn't it? Luke keeps checking on it every once in awhile. He keeps expecting to find it turned all soupy or something, he can't really believe we made butter! Ha ha ha! If you want to take a similar plunge into adventure, the post about making it can be found here: http://www.kozycarrierblog.com/search/label/Homesteading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Luke,
ReplyDeleteI just read your comment on Sarah's post. I was wondering where you got your 1/4 of a cow and how much did it cost you. Would you please email me at maryannhendrickson@hotmail.com?
Thanks,
Maryann (Sarah's neighbor)