Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Go figure.

jtlyk, this is Luke, not Andrea, writing this post.

I got home from my young men's activity last night with my mind made up: I WANT A BOY!

We were at the young mens president's house having a planning meeting, and after we were done with the meeting we all were playing Mario for the wii, the one where all four people can play at the same time. The YM President has two sons, I'm not sure how old, but they must be like 6 and 8 or something. Anyway, his wife had the kids in a different room in the house so they wouldn't interfere with the planning meeting I'm guessing. Well, once the mario brothers started, it got pretty loud and crazy, and after about ten minutes the older of the two little boys peaked into the room and shyly said "Dad . . . Mom said maybe I could come and watch." His Dad said "yeah, you can watch, come here!" and he spread his arms and picked up his son and sat him on his lap and was talking with him and laughing with him the rest of the night! About five minutes later the other son crept out and came over to hang out with his Dad too. IT WAS SOOO COOL!!! They were like, bonding . . . you know? I want a son sooo bad!

Andrea wants a girl . . . so she can dress her up and make her color strawberry shortcake coloring books n'stuff I suppose. pft, whatever.

So go figure, here we stand. Andrea, the Mom, would like a little girl, but I, the Dad, will be getting a little boy :)!

I do want boys and girls though, and a good amount of each. So I guess it doesn't really matter who comes first so long as we keep going so we can get my son down here asap!

2 comments:

  1. pft, Ludicrous, jtlyk, there are great things about daughters and sons! Hold your horses, you will most likely get some of each. I'm glad that you are so excited to be a dad! I'm excited for my first niece or nephew - it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I don't remember who I was talking to about this (Amanda?) but we were JUST saying how Andrea would be wanting a girl...and we had no idea what she would do with herself with a boy - I guess that's why she has you.

    ReplyDelete