Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baby's Heartbeat!

We had our second prenatal appointment today. It was so great! Last time the midwife we met with couldn't find the baby's heartbeat because it just wasn't quite big enough, and I wasn't far enough along. This time we met with a midwife named Brigitte who we have chosen to be our permanent midwife for the rest of my pregnancy. She squirted the gel on and put the little machine to my belly and two seconds later we were hearing our baby's heartbeat thumping 150-160 beats per minute! It was so cool! How neat to actually hear the little baby that's growing inside me!

They also took my blood this time. I was pretty nervous, never having given blood before. I was worried I'd be able to feel it being sucked out of my veins and I was just sure I would die. As it turned out I was perfectly fine! I even was watching as my blood filled up the three little tubes and was somewhat fascinated. Poor Luke had to look away. Blood just doesn't agree with him. I'm so glad he was with me though. He is so supportive! He's already the best husband ever, and soon he'll be the best daddy too! Ha ha!

Now for the most exciting news of all. Next time we go in for a prenatal appointment, which is roughly a month away, we will find out what blood type I am (which will be really fun for me, since I have no idea what it is) and a day or two later we will have an ulrasound to see that all is well with the baby and to find out what gender it is!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!! I can hardly wait. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay Andrea! That is so exciting! I love it that you are keeping us all updated. Keep it up, m'kay? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete