This weekend we finally went to visit Britney and Anton to meet their new baby boy, James. It's been six weeks since he was born but we've been keeping our distance since we've all been having colds off and on this winter. It was fun to see them and get an update!
One of Anton's hobbies is origami and paper folding in general. Check out this awesome thing he did for their son:
I have got to try that sometime. Very cool!
The Blue Plate Diner
Location: 21st south and 21st East, Salt Lake City
Cost: We spent $30 with the tipKid friendly: Yeah. The floor is concrete and the chairs and tables already have plenty of "character", so that's pretty kid friendly for a restaurant.
Time Spent: 1 hour
Worth going back: Yes!
It was about 3:00 when we got there and we were all famished.
We were overjoyed when our food came! Peter got a grilled cheese sandwich with waffle fries. He loved it of course and he was very nice to share some of his sandwich and fries with Max. He tried his pickle, and he usually really likes pickles, but this one had some unique spices or something and I got to finish the rest for him. It was really good.
Andrea and Max got biscuits and gravy with home-fries. Unfortunately Andrea's tummy hasn't been feeling well this weekend. Feeling that way and trying to eat really heavy food on a warm afternoon was difficult, so she didn't finish much of it, but she said it was good. Though she did say that my Mom's biscuits are better. I told her my Mom's were just bisquick (nothing special) and she said "Well, they're better."
I got this country-style eggs benedict. It was FANTASTIC!!! I really loved it. The home fries, ham, sauce . . . it was a wonderful ensemble. I would have to agree with Andrea though, the biscuits weren't as good as they could've been, but that certainly didn't ruin anything at all. I was very pleased to scarf down my whole plate and some of hers, and the rest of hers when we got home ;). Needless to say, I didn't feel very good this morning.
Nicholls Park
After we left the Blue Plate, we went home. I felt so bad for the kids having had to ride in the car for so much of the day, so I took them to Nicholls Park! It's SUCH a fun park right off Highway 89 that has a Castle theme.
Location: Nicholls road, off highway 89, in fruit heights or kaysville.
Cost: Free
Kid friendly: Of course
Time Spent: 1.5 hours, but we could've spent more!
Worth going back: Yes!
If you ask Peter about our visit, he will insist that this place is not a park, it is a solar system! He wen't around "fixing" the solar system the whole time. What an imagination!
Cost: Free
Kid friendly: Of course
Time Spent: 1.5 hours, but we could've spent more!
Worth going back: Yes!
If you ask Peter about our visit, he will insist that this place is not a park, it is a solar system! He wen't around "fixing" the solar system the whole time. What an imagination!
Peter and Max swung together for a while, but then Max wanted to get out and push his swing rather than sit in it. You who read last weeks post may see a pattern going with this kid (he was preferred to push his stroller at the Aerospace Museum rather than ride in it). He's a do-it-yourself type kid. Likes to be in control.
There are lots of fun slides, stairs, tunnels and crawlspaces.
The slides were a hit with Max. I'll bet in total he slid down at least 20 times while we were there.
He really loved saying "see-ya! see-ya!" as he went down.
So there you have it: another fun weekend.


















So fun! Aleah LOVES that park and nearly always becomes very emotional when it is time to leave. Now that you guys live closer, we should totally do a play date there sometime!
ReplyDelete