Sunday, March 16, 2014

Life just got a little better!

This is the deluxe spice organizer 3000. I've been thinking about it for a long time, and now, it's finally done. We felt that it was very annoying to have such a hodgepodge of spice containers always lying around. It makes it harder to find them, keep track of them, and cook with them. Also, we buy most of our spices in bulk at Winco (much cheaper. Cinnamon is like $2 per POUND just to give you an idea) and we end up having a bag full of bags and it's just a mess. I wanted to create a system where all of the spices would be in uniform containers and there would not be much transferring from bag to bag or bag to bottle. This is the result. When a spice runs out, we can just take the hanging bag to the store, fill it, and hang it back up. Easy. 


I wanted to make more fancy labels, but Andrea really wanted this finished, so maybe in the near future. I imagine putting a sort of "spine" on the bags so you don't have to thumb through them to read what they are. 


They're alphabetized, of course.


This is what it looked like when I made a continuous tight spiral with my pen one day. Neat eh? I would like to do it someday until the pen runs out, oh yeeeeaaaah! 



Peter pushing Max on the swing.

Luke, signing out. 

Andrea signing in.



Max likes to prop his elbow on the table and keep one hand in the air as he eats. I remember Peter doing this too. So funny!



I think babies are just adorable when they eat, especially when they get messy.


One time Peter was really tired as Luke began the bedtime routine with him. Luke told him he could close his eyes and just let Luke go through everything quickly, and Peter thought that was great and quickly went to sleep afterward. Ever since then he will close his eyes while Luke is brushing his teeth, etc. if he's really tired and ready for bed. Ha ha!



This is a pumpkin oatmeal breakfast I tried making this week. My idea was for the casserole dish to last the whole week so breakfast would be quick and easy. It lasted two days. It's quite good, and not too sweet, so we'll certainly have it again! Next time I'll probably have to quadruple it or something. I have no idea what I'll do when these boys start getting older and start eating like Perkins men!



Peter and Max love to play together! Every day I have Peter do quiet time in his room, and if I leave the hall door open Max immediately crawls back there and starts banging on the door so he can play with him. Peter will often come out as well and ask if Max can come in and play with him. It's so wonderful! It doesn't generally last too long before one or the other of them gets mad or starts crying, but it's a great start. ;)


Max is a baby who loves to go exploring on his own. I'll frequently be doing dishes or something and decide it's time to check on him, and he's back in Peter's room playing with toys or pulling clothes off the shelves, or trying to reach the books so he can tear them apart. Delightful! Ha ha! I remember Peter always wanting my attention as a baby, and while it may have been partly due to personality, I think it was mostly because he didn't have a sibling around. Subsequent children have all the luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment