Finals are over!!!!!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly see straight! As for Luke, his finals will be over next week, and then we shall both be free, Free, FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But to do what, you may ask? Well...
I will be taking 2 online classes this summer. I know, I just finished school and already it's upon me! But it's not too bad, considering that I wouldn't have anything to do at work otherwise. Besides read. Which, admittedly, is precisely my cup of tea. :) Hopefully I'll be able to do a lot of "just for fun" reading this summer, but it will be alongside my classes. And what fun classes they will be! I'm taking a "Writing for children and adolescents" course, and one on Shakespeare. I'm actually very excited for both.
Luke will spend the first portion of this summer (hopefully only a very short one) looking for a new job. He is quitting his current one and moving on at the end of this month. If anyone knows of any job openings, let us know!
Now on to the fun we expect to be participating in!
We have two family reunions/vacations that we will be taking, one with either side of the fam. The first comes in June and will be with the Wright fam in San Diego, California. Hooray for the beach, the ocean, and Disneyland!!!!! The next will be in August with the Perkins fam at Bear Lake. We are excited to spend some time on those beautiful, pristine shores, do some fun activities (kayaking hopefully) and eat some yummy raspberry shakes!
In July I will be spending a week with the young women of our ward up at camp in Heber Valley. The theme is "There's no place like Home," in the tradition of The Wizard of Oz. The scarecrow will represent building a testimony, the tin man is "Got Heart" meaning service, the lion is "Moral Courage," the yellow brick road is the straight and narrow path, Dorothy will represent all the girls on their path to "Home," which is the Temple, and last of all the ruby slippers represent the atonement. Hooray for metaphors and analogies! It should be a lot of fun, I'm really excited.
We are also hoping to host or help out with a barbecue sometime in August with all our friends, go on some fun hikes with friends and family, and spend many other agreeable get togethers for birthdays and other fun occasions.
Overall, our summer looks packed with fun things of all kinds. Thank goodness it's finally here. With the weather being so nice lately, I don't know that we would have made it to our classes for very much longer! Ha ha!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I thought I was having problems seeing straight when I saw you have updated your blog! I'm so excited - it's so cute too! Congrats on being done for the semester! Sounds like you and Luke will have a nice summer break! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete