Peter has also cut his first two teeth! The two bottom ones, of course. They're not really up far enough to get a picture with the camera, but that, too, should be coming soon. They decided to come in with a bang, giving Peter his first miserable cold into the bargain. Poor baby! There's nothing worse than hearing your baby cough. We went to see the doctor yesterday, and luckily he seems to be doing much better today, so hopefully he'll be over it by next week.
He managed to pass his sickness on to his mommy, and so my birthday was a quiet, stay-at-home affair. We ordered pizza, made no-bake cookies, and watched a movie. It was so nice! Luke and I need nothing more for a night of perfect bliss. :)
Now you may be wondering what the deal with the pizza was, after my last post saying Peter was sensitive to gluten. It appears I was mistaken! The weekend I took gluten out of my diet I also added several supplements and pills in, so his improvement could have been due to the pills. However, when I added gluten back in his rash flared up, so I assumed the gluten was the cause and took it out again. Over the next few weeks it kept improving, but would flare up once in a while even though I wasn't eating any gluten. So I decided to be extra-rigorous about making sure I took all the pills and gave him his vitamin D and probiotics as prescribed by the doctor. His rash started to look much better. Then I decided to test gluten again and see if it flared up again. I added it into my diet, and his rash didn't respond! I also added wheat, and nothing for that one either! Woo hoo! His rash is all but gone on his legs and it got much better on his cheek, only to flare up again with his sickness. So we're still working on it, but hopefully it will continue to go away as we keep up the pills.
Here are some pictures of our cutie-pie:
Playing with his new Valentine's Day toy from Grandma Ce Ce and Poppy:
Hanging out on the couch:
He is growing up so fast!! It is crazy to me and I'm sure it's even crazier to you! Congrats on being able to eat wheat again! Do you think it could be a food allergy like Tyler's? Dairy/nuts or anything like that? I know that Tyler was still able to have breast milk but usually broke into hives with other dairy. I will ask his Mom how they were able to narrow it down in his case. It has got to be tough to have that kind of detective work in front of you.
ReplyDelete