Thursday, May 20, 2010

SUMMER!

Well, It's Luke again. Picking up the slack, again. Andrea IS very busy being a wonderful wife and pregnant person though, and it's not like blogging is a chore, so come with me friends as I paint you a picture of our recent lives . . .

First of all, I need to get the mandatory pregnancy progress picture out of the way. Here she is, 7 months pregnant . . . and she's just beautiful.
Completely graceful, elegant, charming, and beautiful . . . and she's mine, HAH! So is the little one inside of her, HAH HAH! I LOVE watching them grow! It's my favorite. Peter kicks around all day long and keeps things interesting for Andrea at night as well. She is such an awesome girl, she hardly complains, she's just been happy as a clam through the whole thing. The guys at work ask me all of the time if she's "changed" or been acting "differently" yet and all I can say is "No, she's wonderful!" So there's that.

Next, Andrea GRADUATED! Mostly. She's on track to finish her last two online classes by the beginning of June, and then she'll be officially done. She got to do the ceremony already though. That was a fun day! Her parents and mine were able to go and watch her walk. The speakers had brief and interesting talks, and they read the graduates names very quickly so that the whole thing was over in two hours or less.
We had planned to meet some other family at the Texas Road House to have a celebration lunch, but it was closed. We went to the Olive Garden . . . it was busy. So we ended up going to Flour Girls and Dough Boys, a quaint little bakery type place here in American Fork, which ended up being the best place of all. They have delicious soups and sandwiches, and they have wonderful desserts.

After lunch Sarah, Caleb, Alanna, and the boys came to hang out at our apartment for a while. They played with my nerf dart, colored, and jumped on bubble wrap. It was a lot of fun, I love being around all of them.
This is a picture of Andrea with her graduation gifts. Mom and Dad Perkins bought the cool painting of Christ walking on the stormy sea, I got her the tulips, Sarah gave her a baby bouncer, and Mom and Dad Wright gave her the other flowers and a card with a little something inside if you know what I mean ;)
I'm very proud of my wife for working so hard and finishing school! I'm so happy that she has a degree and that she persevered even though it was really hard and miserable sometimes. Congratulations Andrea!

Now me. My school came to an end as well, I didn't graduate yet though, that's in three years. How fun, huh?

This semester was awesome! I love my art classes. At the end of the semester usually people have papers and tests to do . . . I had paintings and sculptures to do. The sculptures are pretty fun but they aren't really my thing. Here's one of the sculptures I made with paper.
Now painting . . . WOW! I have always been pretty good at drawing . . . and through the year I've found that in just about all of the media I've drawn with I'm pretty good, but painting is another story! I found painting to be incredibly difficult, frustrating, impossible . . . and completely AMAZING! I hate it and love it, it's just so fascinating! I'm determined to be good at it someday. The painting below was a final assignment where we were to imitate the technique used by Chuck Close in his paintings. It was HARD! Mine doesn't come near the quality of his, or the quality of half of my class's paintings, but I worked my butt off on it so there!
So now we're having summer. Andrea has been spending her time working part time, doing online classes, and doing a water aerobics class with her two good friends Britney and Amanda. I have been working a lot. I work for a company that sells power tool equipment, including lawn care equipment, and it's spring. We are busier than it's ever been before and it's been great because I've been able to work overtime! Besides that, we are both going through a Hypnobabies course every Saturday morning and we're trying to keep up with the homework! Hypnobabies is a birthing method for those of you who haven't heard of it. We love our teacher and we love the classes.

So there you have it. Thanks for reading. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love Andrea's new picture! So gorgeous!! Congrats on graduating and I hope all is well :) It was fun to see you this weekend! Let's have a girls night sometime.

    ReplyDelete