
Well, summer is officially over and school has begun for both of us. We finished off our last days/weeks of freedom by going to Bear Lake with the Perkins fam and had a really great time. Luke almost got to ride on a jet-ski for the first time too--until it broke. Ha ha! Better luck next year, I guess.
This semester of school is going to be crazy. Luke and I get up at 6am, he leaves around 6:30, works until 1:30pm, gets to his class at the U of U which starts at 3pm, goes to that one and the next one and finishes at 9, then heads home and arrives around 10:30 or 11. So much for being married. We never see each other! Ha ha ha! Although that schedule only happens Mondays and Wednesdays, Tuesday Thursday and Friday he gets home by 6:30, which is much nicer. His classes are drawing, sculpture, an art lecture class, and geography (which he takes online). He is appreciating his teachers at the U SOOOOO MUCH!!! The contrast between this school and UVU is stark. Thank goodness he's finally at the right school and going into the right major. Perhaps we'll finally make some headway. :)
My schedule and classes are similar, though not so extreme. I work in the mornings until 1 pm and then go to four of my classes on Monday Wednesday Fridays and the other one on Tuesday and Thursday. Monday and Wednesday I get home around 7pm, and Tuesday and Thursdays it's more like 4pm. I'm actually happy to get home later on Mondays and Wednesdays so I don't have to sit at home alone for so long. I'm taking British Literature from the beginning to 1500 a.d., American Literature from 1865-1914, History from the beginning to 1500 a.d., Biology 100, and The Bible as Literature. So far I'm enjoying all of them.
We've both been surprised at how not-too-difficult our schedules are going. Maybe it's because we've only been doing it for two weeks and it will get harder later, but hopefully not. This is the last year we'll have to do such acrobatics to make everything work, because I shall graduate in the spring and then we can move to Salt Lake and be close to everything for Luke. Hooray!! It doesn't seem like it can get here fast enough.
Other news is that Luke found two baby kittens and a mom cat living in our backyard! He came and told me and we went to see them. They have cream colored coats and brown faces, tails, and paws, with blue eyes. They look just like Persians! They are so beautiful! However, mom wasn't too happy we found her hideout, so she moved them to a new location. We're putting out food for them and hoping they'll move back so we can trap them and take them to get spayed/neutered. We might even be able to domesticate the kittens and find homes for them! Apparently the best thing you can do for feral cats is to take them to get neutered (the humane society will sometimes do it for free) and then release them back to their homes. That way they won't just go to a shelter to be euthanized, but they also won't be mass-producing and causing major problems. If you find kittens they can be tamed and placed in homes. I really hope we can do that for these little babies. They would have much better lives living with families than trying to survive in the wild.
Last of all we had a dinner with Amanda and her husband Tim, as well as Britney! This was only the second time we've been able to see her since she's been home, and it was really nice. Hopefully we'll be able to continue doing fun things like that with friends throughout the semester. We'll probably have to restrict it to Sundays though, Saturday being entirely reserved for homework. :)
Wow - busy, busy! Good preperations for being parents! I hope you have time to do your homework and enjoy each other a little! At least it's only for a semester.
ReplyDelete