Thursday, May 21, 2009

1 Down, 1 to Go

I got a job!!! It's a receptionist position at an accounting office where I will be allowed to do my homework once I'm finished with all my normal secretarial duties. It's 9am-1pm, and I start tomorrow. I am so excited! It's another perfect job for school, and I once again have to thank my Heavenly Father for working things out so nicely. I did have to rearrange my school schedule so that I had all my classes in the afternoon, but even that went smoothly, and everything's all taken care of and set to go.

Luke is still looking for a job. He has had several interviews, and we're currently waiting to hear back from one. Hopefully something will work out soon. Luckily he's been able to continue working this whole time because his previous job at QuikCheck hasn't found a replacement yet, so they've asked him to work until they do.

Meanwhile, we have continued to make lovely desserts. Here is a picture of the strawberry shortcake we had last night:

Luke has also started playing Star Craft with Caleb or just the computer, and is thoroughly sucked in. Every chance he gets, when he's not looking for jobs or helping me out, he's strategizing and defeating the enemy. Being a recent megafan of Ender's Game, I can understand to a degree. Still, I sometimes have to pull him back to reality so he doesn't end up a complete gamer. It's intense.

3 comments:

  1. That food looks amazing. Congrats for the job finding success! And to Luke for UofU in fall--I didn't realize that he's going to do that. COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new jobs! They sound perfect! That strawberry shortcake looks soooo good! I'll have to try some with bananas - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting new jobs! It's amazing how things just work out when you're living right. Best of luck in your new careers and dessert endeavors!

    ReplyDelete